A Message From Steve Carmichael (Complex Manager)
RE: The Shooting Complex – Re-Opening Operational Plan Phase #1- May 20, 2020
The following plan outlines The Shooting Complex Operational Plan Phase #1 of opening on May 20, following the temporary closure. Outdoor shooting is a fresh air, low-density recreational activity which includes social distancing. The Shooting Complex goal is to serve the residents of Clark County & Las Vegas with best in class service while maintaining a safe environment for everyone. Phase 1 will include all venues; shotgun, rifle/pistol, and archery, plus Registered User Group activity, and online RV reservations. The only unavailable services during Phase 1 are equipment rental, redemption of Groupon certificates, and use of Education Center classrooms.
• Phase 1 hours-Public SHOTGUN and Archery will be 7am-11am, Wednesday through Sunday.
• Phase 1 hours for Public RIFLE/PISTOL CENTER will be 7am-1pm, Wednesday through Sunday
• Customer Service Centers at Shotgun and Rifle/Pistol Center will open at 6:30 am.
• Phase 1 hours for REGISTERED USER GROUPS at the Education Center Ranges- 7am-4pm, Wednesday through Sunday.
• Shotgun and Rifle/Pistol Center buildings will be open on a limited basis with only four customers allowed in the building at one time. All CDC protocol will be followed. Acrylic shields have been installed over the customer service counters.
• Indoor bathrooms will be available at all buildings
• All firing points at the Public Range, Education Center Ranges, and Archery Range are on 10’ centers which allow proper spacing according to CDC guidelines. Non-family units will be restricted to only one person at the firing point or table to assure proper spacing is maintained.
• Spacing between shooting stations on trap fields follows CDC guidelines. Skeet and Sporting Clays shooters will be responsible for maintaining spacing between shooters in those groups.
Roadkill Grill II
• Closed until further notice
• Vending machines are located inside the Shotgun Center and outside the Education Center
• Beverage and snacks are available at the Rifle/Pistol center.
• It’s recommended that all guests bring their own beverages
• Clays Carts will be available. Non-family groups are limited to two occupants; one in front, one in back
• Clays carts will be thoroughly wiped down at all touchpoints following each use
• Customers will be encouraged to empty their own trash from cart
• Coolers- bring your own
• Scorecards and Pencils provided on cart
• Microphone handles, remote release systems, off/on switches, gun racks, tables & benches will be sanitized as needed following CDC guidelines
• Extra signage will be placed around buildings and venues to remind customers of social distancing and health & safety guidelines
• Ammo purchases at Rifle/Pistol Center limited to 100 rounds
• Ammo purchases at Shotgun Center limited to 250 rounds